Bubbles not working?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mummy5

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys,
We have had fish for a while now but have just upgraded to a 68ltr tank and have gone for fresh water tropical fish. Today I brought an air pump and air stone but when it reaches about half way down the depth of the tank it stops working (I have removed the stone but the problem persists) any help would be great ( we think the water pressure is to strong that deep down but what do we know ;) ) thanks in advance x

Hi guys,
We have had fish for a while now but have just upgraded to a 68ltr tank and have gone for fresh water tropical fish. Today I brought an air pump and air stone but when it reaches about half way down the depth of the tank it stops working (I have removed the stone but the problem persists) any help would be great ( we think the water pressure is to strong that deep down but what do we know ;) ) thanks in advance x

You are correct and welcome to AA! You need an air pump rated for your tank

Any recommendations? And don't mean to sound cheap but cheap is good ;) x

I don't use air pumps, they aren't needed really. They just create extra surface agitation and provide extra oxygen in the water. Most people only use them because they like the bubbles so I can't really recommend any

Ok thanks for your honesty! We only wanted them for cosmetic reason too. Plus my tiger barb love swimming threw them.

Back
Top Bottom