Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-07-2011, 05:13 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Joyler
It's so great! I told them today they weren't allowed to die, because when they do...I think the whole family will die of a broken heart...I'm honored to be the one that they got to practice on before the other 5 grandkids were comin! I'm glad I was the experiment

Old 04-07-2011, 05:27 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyler View Post
It's so great! I told them today they weren't allowed to die, because when they do...I think the whole family will die of a broken heart...I'm honored to be the one that they got to practice on before the other 5 grandkids were comin! I'm glad I was the experiment
Given how highly you speak of them I sure they are glad too.
I was the third granddaughter but I was the one that enjoyed hanging out with them the most.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:41 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Make sure you let them know!
Old 04-07-2011, 07:43 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Make sure you let them know!
I will, but I hope that it won't be for another 40 years. As I mentioned a couple of posts ago, My grandpa passed away in 1982 and my grandma in in 1998.
But I did tell them I loved them while they were alive.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:22 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Good I'm sure it melted their heart...I just told mine the other day that I love them desperately...I'm really glad you and your grandson have this time together! I bet it is not just the time with the fish that makes him feel better....sometimes a kid just needs to be around his grandma...at least I think so...it's a rare bond, of a mutual love and protection! I guess it's hard for me to explain! Me and mom struggled for a few years when I was young because she was a single mom, and we had no money...Grama and Grampa were always there...for everything...to make sure we never failed, and dang! There is nothin like a grandma's cookin! That kind of love can not be reproduced!!
Old 04-07-2011, 08:24 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Also what I meant is I hope you let your grandson know how much you love him! my heart turns to a puddle when my grandma tells me she loves me, and is proud of me!
Old 04-07-2011, 08:53 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMako
I could remedy both of those problems if that water changer I had just bought worked.
And right now, because I am just dealing with fish and not plants, I don't have to provide any natural light? The hood light will give them what they need?
I know sunlight means algae growth, but will having my blinds open for a few hours during summer have a great effect?
I'm sorry, I should really go to the other forums about this, just the questions I have always wondered about.
The sunlight really shouldn't hit the tank, its gonna cause a lot of algae. It will only have a negative effect IMO. You said you don't have plants, right? Well then you don't need any type of light but what they gave you. Fish may lose color and that is why you would want higher wattage. It will be a pain if you add sunlight. Good luck and welcome to AA
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:32 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Also what I meant is I hope you let your grandson know how much you love him! my heart turns to a puddle when my grandma tells me she loves me, and is proud of me!
We tell each other at least 4 times a day. Every morning when he leaves for school, I tell him that I love him so that no matter how his day goes, he knows that love is at home waiting for him. Schools tough with AS. Not the academic stuff, he's got that. He's doing 5Th grade reading, math and science, in the 4Th grade. With AS, it's all the social stuff the confuses and frustrates him. I really worry about when it's time for Jr and High school. Some kidscan be outrageously cruel to any other kid that's even a little different. Casey's AS is very mild and he hides it well, most people are surprised when they find out. But the combination of sketchy social skills and a quick temper if his buttons are pushed, along with the fact that at 10 he's already 5'1" (his mom is 6'1") makes him a dangerous target.
But as long as you leave those buttons alone, he is a generous, loving, kind beyond his years, kid. And he's wicked smart.
He gets all kind of grown up jokes that would go over the head of most kids. He's a very coolkid once you get to know him. If you can't tell, I like my grandson as much as I love him. My life wouldn't be the same if I wasn't raising him. I don't regret it in any way.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
We really should move this kind of conversation to a PM instead of this thread. It doesn't have anything to do with the topic.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:42 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendiDell

We tell each other at least 4 times a day. Every morning when he leaves for school, I tell him that I love him so that no matter how his day goes, he knows that love is at home waiting for him. Schools tough with AS. Not the academic stuff, he's got that. He's doing 5Th grade reading, math and science, in the 4Th grade. With AS, it's all the social stuff the confuses and frustrates him. I really worry about when it's time for Jr and High school. Some kidscan be outrageously cruel to any other kid that's even a little different. Casey's AS is very mild and he hides it well, most people are surprised when they find out. But the combination of sketchy social skills and a quick temper if his buttons are pushed, along with the fact that at 10 he's already 5'1" (his mom is 6'1") makes him a dangerous target.
But as long as you leave those buttons alone, he is a generous, loving, kind beyond his years, kid. And he's wicked smart.
He gets all kind of grown up jokes that would go over the head of most kids. He's a very coolkid once you get to know him. If you can't tell, I like my grandson as much as I love him. My life wouldn't be the same if I wasn't raising him. I don't regret it in any way.
I know what you mean by cruel. There was a kid with alzheimers that clung onto me when I taught him how to swim. I switched to public school and he was in the grade below me. They made fun of him so i told them to stop and eventually it turned into a big fight. He is super smart though.

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com