Catjens from Germany

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catjens

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all, my name is Catjens, I live in Germany. I have a 60l fish tank, now almost 4 weeks old. It's my first ever acquarium and I am so excited I didn't really wait long to stock it. After the 1st week set up with 5 plants, I added 2 male Guppies, and yesterday 6 Red rasbora. Am still so excited with how beautiful it looks but I tknow I need to learn more and so I am here. Looking forward to every knowledge on freshwater aquariums. I hope to gain experience and then get a bigger tank.

Hi, welcome to the forum :) my advice is get yourself a api master test kit it will help you keep an eye on your parameters :)

Hi, welcome to the forum :) my advice is get yourself a api master test kit it will help you keep an eye on your parameters :)

Thanks will go get one tomorrow, I don't know anything about 'parameters' will research it now and probably ask more at the shop.

Sorry, I mean keep an eye on ammonia, nitrite and nitrate :)

Hiya, please can u advise I got the test kit, read through and then followed the instructions and after the test the GH was not good, the water is too hard and NO 3 and NO 2 was just in the middle but not bad like the GH. The other results were good. What do I do pls?

Hiya, please can u advise I got the test kit, read through and then followed the instructions and after the test the GH was not good, the water is too hard and NO 3 and NO 2 was just in the middle but not bad like the GH. The other results were good. What do I do pls?

If you could put your exact readings on then we'll be able to help you :)

It sounds like you are using test strips, am I right? That method of testing is pretty unreliable and inaccurate, you really need to get the API master test kit as mentioned above, it's liquid and its much better :) that way you will have an accurate way of measuring your levels and will be able to tell us your ammonia level.

Also, welcome to AA! :D

Back
Top Bottom