check out my pics of my 100gal fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phish7740

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey all...new to this site, kind of getting sick of the talk on swf.com so thought id check out this sight. here are some pics of my tank...100gal, 65# LR, #5CC 90lb....been cycling for almost a week, amonia is still <0.5

question? is the rock in the middle pic dead, it is a lot whitter than others.

those are glass "coral" i made mself (im a prof. glass artist)

tank_june1_rt.jpg

tank_june1_mid.jpg

tank_june1_glass.jpg

WELCOME TO AA!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm, those damsels may or may not make it through the tank cycle, they are pretty much living in sewage.
That piece of LR in the middle that is white, looks like it is not fully cured. It will turn "live" and look like the other.

On a brighter note, that glasswork is BEAUTIFUL!
You can update your "my info" button, to let us know what kind of equip/critters/and other things you have in your tank.

Is that CC (crushed Coral) as you substrate? If so, I had CC in mine but removed it. It was a pain to try and keep clean. Others might share their experiences and input, as they pop in and welcome you.

Keep us posted! That tank looks great!

thanks for the welcome....people seem much nicer on here than SWF.com

yea i thought i was going fish only so the lfs sold me on the crushed coral, but now i wish i had half and half sand and coral. i have been thinking about taking some out and getting some sand. but dont really want to mess up my rock structure right now.

i bought rock from two different lfs the ones on the right of the tank look fully cured, i dont think im going to support the one that sold me the uncured rock since they sold me on the CC and not sand, and since they said the rock was fully cured. the other lfs only does fish and not all pets. plus their tanks look better and have much better choice of coral.

and about the cycle, also i didnt read about the shrimp thing until after they sold me the damsles, they said with enough Cycle added most should survive. thats ok cause i will only want a few when im ready to add the big fish. now i wish i did the shrimp method.

btw, when should the amonia start to peak i have 11 fish and its almost been a week now and amonia is still <.25. i added almost half a bottle of Cycle when i added the damsles on tuesday.

also wondering what you all think of this list of species to add. please let me know on order to add or compatibility. thanks

hichhikers
(1) red legged crab
(1) snail

have
(6) yellowtail damsel
(1) blue damsel
(1) 3 stripe damsel
(3) green chromies
(sure some will die)
to get
some snails and crabs cleanup crew (howmany???)
(1) purple lobster or fire shrimp
(1) green clown goby
(1) bicolor or lawnmower blenny

(2) Maroon Clown

(1) purple Tang
(1) Chevron Tang

(1) Foxface Lo????

(1) purple tilefish

(1) lyretail wrasse
(1) red coris wrasse

(1) Majestic Angel

(1) deep sea yellow gorgonian
(1) red frilly sponge
(1) orange tree sponge
(1) blue urchin

phish7740, You would be better off starting a thread in the SW section. You will get a lot more attention over there from our SW experts.

Good Luck

Rich

i have been thinking about taking some out and getting some sand. but dont really want to mess up my rock structure right now.

I wish I would have done the switch before I had all my critters in there. Having to move the rock and stressing my poor fish.....It was a real pain. I still have 1/3 of CC to get out and will do that this evening or tomorrow.
By the way....the LS will shift to the bottom the 1st time you go to clean it.

some snails and crabs cleanup crew (howmany???)
I looked at the packages on liveaquaria.com and kinda judged from there. I have a 55G and ordered 36 snails, to start.

Those damsels might become aggressive to some of the more peaceful fish you are looking to add.
Watch the wrasses, they like to jump.
You can go with a cleaner shrimp and fire shrimp. They both clean (although, mine didn't). I'm not sure about the lobster.
I have 2 urchins and they are eating machines. I think I might get a long spined one.
Majestic Angel might eat those corals... I'll let the more experience folks talk about the tangs and other inhabitants, since I haven't owned any of them.
Are you thinking about a anenmoe for the clowns?

right now i dont have the light for the anenmoe, but im seriously thinking about getting 320watts of T5 which should be enough for most coral, the lfs said it i should even be able to get a clam with that light.

i hear that about angels, but i really want an angel, whats the best kind to get that wont eat corals? ( i really want 2 angesl but have been told only one per tank)

, i dont know enough about corals yet. was only thinking that i would be able to keep softs, i was thinking of getting a 216watt PC but now i think im going to spend the extra $ and get the T5 since they have better PAR. i really like greens and purples so if i get corals or anenmoes im prob going to get those colors, with some yellow and oranges also, sorry i dont know any names of corals yet.

what about the lobster-gobie-blenny combo? is this ok?

Back
Top Bottom