Chicago here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martinwoodward1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My name is Martin, I live in chicago and I am a new aquarium owner. I think I have a new addiction lol. I have a friend that was getting rid of some aquarium stuff so I bought a 30 gallon with stand and a sponge filter for $50 about 3 months ago. Tomorrow I will be getying a 55 with a 3 stage filter and heater from him. In the 30 I have 5 congo tetras, 4 cory cats 3 emerald and 1 green n gold, 2 oto cats and 3 platys. My plan is to move the congo's into the 55 and get some red line barbs to join them with some loaches. But not clown loaches cuz they get too big. I am building a 3d background for the 55 also. Any and all advice welcome

Welcome! Nice to have another Chicagoan here.

Since you have a friend whose into it, you probably know where all the good fish stores are.

My friends was breeding and selling cichlids to generate a down payment on a boat. He got the boat this winter. I live in Garfield Park east. I go to the aquarium adventure stores in hoffman estates and bolingbroook. One of the guys at hoffman estates is great at giving me tips. They usually have a huge selection of fish and plants. There is a place in Oak park near Harlem and Madison I go there because it's close and the owner (Pete ?) Is great too. I have water quality issues so I get water at AA too.

I go to Aquarium Adventure, too. Most of my fish are from there. They have lots of freshwater selection for certain. I've been to that store in Oak Park, but don't frequent it. I really love Old Town Aquarium but don't get there often.

Back
Top Bottom