Cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattsfish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys. So a month ago my mother told me she was done with fish and offered her 30 gallon tank to me.
Needless to say I'm addicted!

So last weekend I found a 75 gallon tank for a sweet deal and I brought her home.

It's a 75 gallon tank with a corner weir and the bottom drilled for both drain and return. It's got a 20 gallon sump that I'm really not to sure about but it seems to be working.

I filled it on Wednesday and this morning when I woke up the tank was really cloudy. There is no fish in it and when I test the water with my master test kit it all checks out.

Will the cloudy ness go away?

I would think so most filters will release a bit of debris when used for the first time in a while your water should clear up in a few days

I would think so most filters will release a bit of debris when used for the first time in a while your water should clear up in a few days
Also not to mention a bacterial boom can also cause water cloudiness, since you just put in fresh water

Hey. Thanks guys. Turns out I forgot an essential item. Carbon. I got a bag of carbon and put it under the sponge. Crystal clear this morning

I also put 20 feeder fish in the tank. Think that will help?

Back
Top Bottom