Coralife Biocube 29G-1st ever fish tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharlotte_g

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. I've decided to buy a fish aquarium to start a hobby. I bought a 29 gallon Coralife Biocube.

I am a stay at home mom of 3 small children ages 5,3, & 2. I have absolutely no hobbies due to spending all my time with my kids. I thought a fish tank would be a great way to spend my time and will be good for me and my kids to enjoy. I thought that a salt water tank would be the way to go since they have nice corals and vibrant sea life. I am totally clueless and since I've never even owned a fw tank before, I am going to be even more clueless with a sw tank!

I originally wanted to have seahorses but upon a bunch of research, I decided that is NOT what I want to start with since they are super finicky and you need a level of expertise that I certainly do not have yet. My goal is to one day graduate my 29g tank to a much larger 150g or bigger tank! I will then feel ready to take on the new challenge of having my 29g as a seahorse only tank. Those are my future goals.

Until then, I'm going to need a lot of guidance and will be a nuisance to everyone asking millions of questions just to get my 1st tank set up properly and then to maintain and care for it! Just warning you all. LOL

Thanks in advance for tolerating me and for all your much needed help,
Sharlotte

Attachments

• WP_20140508_001.jpg
    WP_20140508_001.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 60
  • WP_20140508_010 no light with sand.jpg
    WP_20140508_010 no light with sand.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 64
  • WP_20140508_008 no light closer up with sand.jpg
    WP_20140508_008 no light closer up with sand.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 66
Good luck im just now mastering freash water aquarium ,,u tube is a good place to learn info
Have fun

Thanks Lil Joe! I'm getting more excited every day I order new stuff! I just ordered my rock so once I put that in my tank, it will cycle and when that's done, I get to buy my first fish! Yay!

Good luck with your freshwater tank. Glad you're mastering it!

Back
Top Bottom