Could use some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fickany

Aquarium Advice Newbie
This is my first fish tank and it's going ok so far, but I could use some advice. Its a 25 gal freshwater home to an (1'') Angel, male dwarf gourami, bumblebee catfish, and four ghost shrimp. I would like at least one more fish to complete my tank, but it seems that everything I like gets very big or is too aggressive. I am a fan of the odd-balls & interactive (or smart) fish. My research is proving difficult as information is not consistent.

So the retail pet store workers were helpful, but were they helpful enough?? The guy "highly recommend using live plants" but thats all he said... nothing about how to install or care for. I just stuck them into the gravel (they have no roots that I can tell). Its been a week and my grass-looking one is turning yellow and sickly.

What am I missing???

You should get a test kit for your water. Also, do you use a water conditioner when you replace your water change? Do you know what kind of plant and lights you have? Sounds like guppy grass. Maybe try a liquid fertilizer as directed on the bottle. Welcome to the hobby!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom