CQ CQ CQ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaydro

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone, my name is Jay and I'm new to, uh, aquaristics. After having forgotten how much I had wanted an aquarium for so many years, I received a 25 gal with the Eclipse hood (the whole Marineland show combo) for Christmas. It's exciting to plunge into a new hobby.

I came across this site during some surfing after getting my setup, but then I really discovered how useful it was when I was looking for info on Bio-Spira--I had found the Fish Store but was looking for feedback on them when I found several Google hits here. That was when I joined.

I've mainly just searched for info here, but I did make one previous post on a bad experience I had with a battery-powered gravel vacuum in response to a query on those devices.

I have a lot of questions now, and I'll be posting in other forums....

P.S. This was also where I found out about Melafix and Pimafix when I had a severe case of fin rot with one of my new swordtails added at the same time I added Bio-Spira. Didn't want to destroy the new bacteria--and the fish healed up well with the safe meds.

lmkbubblfsh.gif

to AquariumAdvice.com!!!

Can't wait to see pictures of your set-up ;)

jaydro...

Welcome to Aquarium Advice!! Glad you've joined us and I hope that we'll be helpful to you as you enter the wild world of 'aquariumology' :lol:

Welcome to AA, and I know you will enjoy the forums, and as you learn more you will be able to be of help to those two steps behind you! I learn something new every day here :D

I was wondering the same thing...HAM operator? Welcome to the site. I'm also known locally as KF4CTH...tech only though...mostly 2m and sometimes on 440.

I used to do 2m and 440, but I haven't done much lately, sorry. I was just trying to think of a clever thing to say as a subject line in this particular forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you certainly got our attention. We all need to get busy and get that general ticket :) We'll hope to hear more from you.

Welcome!!

I had no idea we had ham's on the board. I haven't been active for a while but I am pretty sure I still remember my callsign: KE4OQN

Used to work a ton of 2m, 6m, 10m, and 20m. Also dabbled in a little 1.2GHz. That brings back some memories.

Back
Top Bottom