Dalton's Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Google the Chinese eater. the bristle nosed pleco would be perfect for your tank I have 2 albino in my 20. The Chinese algae eater needs to be in a minimum of
30 gallon tank they can get about 10" long and are semi aggressive meaning bye bye little fishies

The albino bristle nosed pleco (sometimes called bushy nosed) gets 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 inches

And is peaceful!

Last edited by a moderator:
kwandrsn said:
Google the Chinese eater. the bristle nosed pleco would be perfect for your tank I have 2 albino in my 20. The Chinese algae eater needs to be in a minimum of
30 gallon tank they can get about 10" long and are semi aggressive meaning bye bye little fishies

The albino bristle nosed pleco (sometimes called bushy nosed) gets 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 inches

And is peaceful!

Bristle noses get up to four inches and need 20 gallon tanks.

albino are smaller than normal ones and one would be better in a 10 gallon than a Chinese algae eater is all I'm saying.

kwandrsn said:
albino are smaller than normal ones and one would be better in a 10 gallon than a Chinese algae eater is all I'm saying.

No pleco should be in a tank under twenty gallons. Neither should a chinese algae eater. Plecos have huge bio loads for fish that can be so tiny.

And as for the 4" you are correct I meant to say they can be purchased that size. I'm just telling him that if he is determined to get one. That would be a better option once the tank has been already running for a while. I would only advise he starts with 2 our 3 small hearty fish not 11 including a algae eater

I've seen too many people throw regular plecos in 10 gallon tanks. Quite sad. Whoever works at the lfs he is going to needs to be fired.

And he is going to swap the fish out? I really hope he does some reading first

Look, to both you and the OP, I'm sorry we've started a mini argument. But if the fish cannot be housed in the properly sized tank it should not be kept at all. I get that you are trying to provide options but still, the above rule applies.

No argument. You know more than me so... Dalton good luck
And of you have any questions please ask someone on this site they are a lot of very knowledgeable people that can help you

Sorry was late last night. I am going to just get the 2 mollies for the fish in cycling process. And thank you for your help. And yes lfs is going to hear about my issues about the declorifirer I found out I needed.

Thank You again.

Just picked up Aqueon water conditioner for the tap water error I was doing

daltonxj said:
Just picked up Aqueon water conditioner for the tap water error I was doing

Prime is the best choice if you can get some. It detoxifies the water and removes chlorine and chloramine and destroys heavy metals. Also, it's so concentrated that one tenth of a capful doses ten gallons or a little more. Best stuff ever and will really help your fish in cycle.

Well found out why everything was wacky! my tap water had 1ppm Ammonia right from the tap!! :eek: I found out not good for the little :fish2:. Well so I hopped on the chat here and asked a few questions. Thanks to the guys & gals on there everything is good now. found a new source of water from my sisters house it means transporting it in 5 gallon buckets but who cares. I tested my moms well but Nitrates where though the roof.:eek: so I was told to do a 50% water change with my dechlorinator added and wait 1 hour then take another reading. ammonia was still high 1ppm. so I did another 50% water change and now I have 0.25ppm. and everything is just getting better.

Now I have the 55 gallon to contend with...

Oh yeah sad to say all the tetra's and zebra danios died. along with the 2 orange mollies... :banghead: lesson well learned.... R.I.P. little ones.

now that the tank is all better we have 2 mollies.
1 Silver Mollie
1 Dalmatian Mollie

pics soon

Oh yeah sad to say all the tetra's and zebra danios died. along with the 2 orange mollies... :banghead: lesson well learned.... R.I.P. little ones.

now that the tank is all better we have 2 mollies.
1 Silver Mollie
1 Dalmatian Mollie

pics soon

I'm glad you figured it out :)

Back
Top Bottom