Dave's Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dave Gille

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a 300 gallon tank which has been running fine for the past 2 years. I recently developed Ich & Marine Velvet that has wiped out most of my entire livestock. I've lost about $2,500 within the past week... Very heartbreaking!

I'm going to keep pressing on... I already had too much $$$ invested in it to give up ( considered it though). If I hadn't just purchased an Apex Controller, 3 Radion Pro's, & an expensive dosing pump a week prior to the event, I might have given up. I really enjoy the hobby & am going to finally do it correctly by setting up a good quarantine tank inside the main tank cabinet that I built. It will sit next to the custom Sump I had built from my local Reef store.

Good luck! Glad to hear you're sticking with it. Marine velvet is the worst

Have you ever had to deal with Marine Velvet? I've only had to deal with Ich once before in July 2010 in an entirely different tank. How do they get Marine Velvet & what's the best way to treat it? Trying to educate myself as much as I can so this never happens again. Thanks!

I have never had it, I've just always heard of horror stories with people getting it and losing their whole stock of fish. I am not sure on how to treat it, I'd like to hear from someone who has survived it as well.

Back
Top Bottom