Day 1 of cycle for 55gal saltwater found spider

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amandry7

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have no corals or fish in the tank found 8 legged spiders with purple sac?..please advice how to proceed...all advice and help will be greatly appreciated .... Will try to upload a pic

Pics of the spider described above please help

Attachments

• image-2979898933.jpg
    image-2979898933.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 80
  • image-1865326410.jpg
    image-1865326410.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 84
I dunno but that would FREAK me out to the point where I would throw the tank out the window!!

I'm afraid if spiders.

Me too plus am a newbie have no clue what's going on lol... Thanks for replying though maybe it will get to someone who does know

I'm thinking that it will not hurt anything to have them in there hope that when I put some crabs the will take care of them...thanks for ur findings..

OH MY GOD, that is so crazy!! I never would have started fish keeping if I had known about under-water spiders!

Does it move around?? Could it be living in an air bubble under your rocks?

OH MY GOD, that is so crazy!! I never would have started fish keeping if I had known about under-water spiders!

Does it move around?? Could it be living in an air bubble under your rocks?

Haha me too!! Air bubble it is!

just saw a small small snaik too

It does move do not think its livingof an air bubble moves just like it would outside...

Spends a lot of time on top of the rock and kinda suspended in the stream from the pump

Just from seeing it and reading it I am feeling like spiders are on me. I would get rid of it ASAP. Lol

I could never sleep in the same house as that thing, however... I think you may have a very rare species here? Call the local wild animal rescue? lol

Definitely find out what it is first before getting rid of it. Now I feel like spiders are crawling on me. Thanks!! :(:ermm:

Ok that's just CREEPY!!! Yuck!! I'm afraid of spiders and watching that thing crawl around like that?! I retracts last statement.

Open window, take tank and toss it out said window, go outside and drive over that thing 237 times back and forth to assure its dead, then throw lighter fluid on it and burn it for about 3 hours. Put it out and you should be good.

I'll buy you a new tank, get that beast out of your house!!

I showed the video to my partner and he sent me out of the room! Amphibious Spider from Mars!!! Duct tape the lid at night!

Just from seeing it and reading it I am feeling like spiders are on me. I would get rid of it ASAP. Lol

I could never sleep in the same house as that thing, however... I think you may have a very rare species here? Call the local wild animal rescue? lol

Ok that's just CREEPY!!! Yuck!! I'm afraid of spiders and watching that thing crawl around like that?! I retracts last statement.

Open window, take tank and toss it out said window, go outside and drive over that thing 237 times back and forth to assure its dead, then throw lighter fluid on it and burn it for about 3 hours. Put it out and you should be good.

I'll buy you a new tank, get that beast out of your house!!

I showed the video to my partner and he sent me out of the room! Amphibious Spider from Mars!!! Duct tape the lid at night!

Although for some reason I cannot see the video; however, I totally agree with all of you...I felt creepy and like something was crawling on me while reading this thread...

Is it bad that all these comments now have me so curious about what it is that I'm thinking about leaving them ( yup, about 3 of them) in the tank until. Find and answer as to what they are....well hoping that when I go see he tank this morning there's no surprises....or more of them...

Back
Top Bottom