Discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doodle

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey,

I have just brought a discus for my tropical tank, had him for a week now and we think he had parasites, now he isstarting to poo red?? Anyone know what coul be the matter??

Also my male honey gourami has developed black dots on its face, and also has a black underin now. Read on the internet he might be spawning? But don't know if it could be fin rot??? Anyone can share some light on this, it would really help :)

Thank you

You say parasites on the discus? What kind of parasite?

If this is so, may be stress, and the poo tends to be red as long as it is not blood red and a sort of brown/ red. May be worth varying the diet a bit.

We weren't sure, we thought he had internal parasites as his poo was white and we tried to look on Internet and that's what it said :) okay then!! He hasn't been eating the past couple of days either which I'm a bit worries about!

Thanks a lot!!

my gourami also developed some black spots and some black edging to his fins. this was about 4 months ago. he is fine it''s just a change in coloration and nothing to worry about. it isn't fin rot imo but keeping up with your water changes is the best thing you can do to keep disease out of your aquarium. good luck. :)

Back
Top Bottom