Does this mean I'm a bona fide fish geek now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tortle

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well hello there!

I have been reading through forums and taking advice and useful tips from them for many years but have never joined one until now. I chose this one as it was the one I got the best info from and I also would spend many a night just reading through forum topics. Yep, that's the kind of awesomely exciting person that's joining you...

Anyway, I've been keeping fish for...18 years now, with a few reductions in tank numbers, a few breaks but I am now back on it. My house is roughly 50% water.

I have sacrificed furniture, sofas and spare rooms. I feel I should stop.

The living room houses the tropical, goldfish and turtle tanks, as well as homes for painted wood turtles, a cherry head and rats. The kitchen has axolotls, puffer and small marine. A pond takes up my entire spare room for 3 big turtles.
I currently have one empty tank in the kitchen which I am hoping to upgrade the marine tank to (and something I'm going to need to ask questions about!) while I also have the horrible temptation of two tanks gathering dust upstairs...

Does this introduction get across my ambivalent feelings towards aquatic based lifeforms?

Last edited:
Well glad you finally joined ,
all them tanks it's multiple tank syndrome most of us have it ,
both our FW and SW sections can give you lots of ideas also ask questions on what you need . We also have a reptile section in FW that you may also find useful , a lot of our members have the knowledge to help with almost all your aquarium needs ,
look forward to seeing all your tanks sometime in the future ,
I'll catch you on the forums

seaweed

Thanks for the welcome!
I will try and get some pictures up at some point although I do suffer from a particularly terrible camera on my phone!
Apologies in advance for poor photography...!

I have posted my question with regards to the marine tank upgrade so hopefully lots of lovely people can help me out soon.

Looking forward to spending time here!
Tortle

Back
Top Bottom