Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-27-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hiya, I was browsing around for info and advice about my aquariums when I came across this site and thought it would be helpful. I always have alot of questions about my tanks. I have 3 tanks in total and have had them a little over a year and half now.. well at least the 55 gallon ( my starter)

In addition to my 55 I also have a 10 and a 5. The 10 gallon was purchased because I was told that my fiddlers needed a place to come up on for air, so it is half filled with water, and has a sand base (wait isnt that called subtrate or something?) The 5 gallon was bought because I had loaches in my 55 when the fish came down with ick. I needed a safe place for them while I dosed my tank. I ended up adding a very aggresive tiger barb from the 55 that was attacking the other barbs in the tank. Currently Im trying to decide if I should put the loaches back into my 55 or leave them where they are. In my 5 they are able to get under the gravel where as in the 55 they were a bit exposed.

My 55 is very diverse, it contains several species of danios, 2 tiger barbs, 2 pelcos, 2 different gourmai, an african rainbow and 4 rummy nose tetras. Though truthfully I would like it to have either african chichilds or 1 or 2 oscars.. though that will have to wait LOL

WinterRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:36 PM   #2
Welcome to AA!
Ask any question you have in one of our forums sections
Enjoy the forum

tyspot1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:14 AM   #3
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Welcome aboard.
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com