Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-30-2011, 11:28 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Epic Fail

Hey ppl im new to Aqua world and im not starting so good i have 1 Red Oscar female 1 Tyger Oscar maale i had 2 Malawi's male and Female a bala shark and Pangas Pangasiu bt the male and female Malawi dont like my fish it killed my Pangas and almost had my tyger Oscar for lunch so i took them out im thinking of getting Green Terrors to add to my Tank will this upset the Oscars

Old 11-30-2011, 03:59 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

My guess is your going to need a "big" tank.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

What size tank do you have? What size are each of the fish? How long have you had them? Are these the only tank mates?

Generally, you want to keep South American and African cichlids apart along with keeping South Americans on their own or in a breeding pair. When you combine any aggressive fish, there is a large chance at least some injuries will occur. While they are younger, they tend to be more calm. If you have a quite large tank with a mix of South Americans, then it can work. This is something that a more experience fish-keeper should tackle though.

So, you have a red oscar, two malawis, and a bala shark together? And the tiger oscar is badly injured? You need to remove this fish and treat its wounds.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:20 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome! Unfortunately, I don't know a lot about the fish that you have other than oscars are very aggressive and will sometimes kill other fish, including their own kind. I also know that Mbunas are aggressive. Sorry I couldn't help more...
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:24 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

If you want all those fish you need like a 125g+. Just my opinion.
1.0 JD (JD Club #1!)
6.9 Guppies
0.0.1 Normal Ball Python
KonvictKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:57 PM   #6
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by melosu58 View Post
Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA.
Well all is a bit to late i took out the Malawi's bt was to late my pangai has no tail left he died and yesterday i had to flush them coz the killed each other the got so aggressive i dnt know y so all that remain is balashark and my 2 Oscars the Tiger looks better coz i make sure the water is clean i am thinking of removing the bala. Will i be able to add a male and female Green Terror to my 2 Oscars i am getting a 1.2M tank at this point i have a 80CM tank and all my fish is about 6 to 7cm?
Old 12-01-2011, 02:52 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loukie
Well all is a bit to late i took out the Malawi's bt was to late my pangai has no tail left he died and yesterday i had to flush them coz the killed each other the got so aggressive i dnt know y so all that remain is balashark and my 2 Oscars the Tiger looks better coz i make sure the water is clean i am thinking of removing the bala. Will i be able to add a male and female Green Terror to my 2 Oscars i am getting a 1.2M tank at this point i have a 80CM tank and all my fish is about 6 to 7cm?
Uhm, how many gallons please? Either way, you have to return both oscars and the bala. Also, no green terrors in a tank that size if its as small as i think it is. The oscars can get to over a foot long, and the bala gets big too.

Sorry, but i am having a hard time understanding what you have written.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:31 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

You really need to do some research on the types of fish you plan to keep. Planning ahead and knowledge are the keys to successful fish keeping.
Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:27 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66 View Post
Uhm, how many gallons please? Either way, you have to return both oscars and the bala. Also, no green terrors in a tank that size if its as small as i think it is. The oscars can get to over a foot long, and the bala gets big too.

Sorry, but i am having a hard time understanding what you have written.
I know how big they get the tank i have is temp, like i told you I am getting a bigger tank this weekend all i need to know is if i can add the Green terrors when i get a bigger tank?

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com