Equipment choice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jan4scuba

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but not new to the hobby. I'm retuning to it after many years.

My tanks have included many freshwater aquariums over the years but well before all this new equipment that seems to have revolutionized the hobby.

My last tank was in my office and was a 225 marine tank that I had for 15 or so years with many different designs.

So to get to my question. I'm am about to start a new phase in the hobby. For me aquascaping seems to be perfect. I have always enjoyed landscaping as well as this hobby. Someday I intend to enter the AGA contest, but I realize how far I have to go.

Question: in the nano category which is the better tank to start with?

The Fluval Edge12 or the Eheim Aquastyle 9. I hear the maintenance on the Fluval is a nightmare but the extra 3 gallons appeals to me. I've not heard any negative comments on the Eheim but I'm sure there must be some cons. Does anyone have experience with these 2 tanks.

Thanks for the help.

Regards
Jan

I

The 12 seems to be the more popular choice around here. I'd go for it just based on gallonage..

Back
Top Bottom