Excited Forum newbie from the UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daddynev

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello, I have just joined the forum. We have just started fish keeping having bought a 35litre Elite style35 tank for my kids for Xmas. Thought it would be a good way to start and would be a good family hobby. Still in the process of setting up the tank so would welcome any advice. The tank comes with a filter and a heater so we are going down the tropical route. One of my questions is do I need to have my heater at a 45 degree angle a d is it best to have it close to the filter? The info with the tank doesn't say anything about this but some forums recommend this. Does it matter? In terms of fish my daughter wants some cardinal tetras. Does anyone have any advice on numbers or compatible other fish.

Thanks and looking forward to getting going!

The heater does not need to be at a 45 degree angle! Just place it near to the water flow from the filter to assure the water is heated more evenly!

Daddynev said:
Hello, I have just joined the forum. We have just started fish keeping having bought a 35litre Elite style35 tank for my kids for Xmas. Thought it would be a good way to start and would be a good family hobby. Still in the process of setting up the tank so would welcome any advice. The tank comes with a filter and a heater so we are going down the tropical route. One of my questions is do I need to have my heater at a 45 degree angle a d is it best to have it close to the filter? The info with the tank doesn't say anything about this but some forums recommend this. Does it matter? In terms of fish my daughter wants some cardinal tetras. Does anyone have any advice on numbers or compatible other fish.

Thanks and looking forward to getting going!

Hi and welcome!
35L is just over 9 us gallons so that narrows down your fish options drastically.
I will post a link that includes info for new tank owners and information on cycling (very important).
The placement of the filter usually doesn't matter. If you have enough filter flow it will distribute the heat throughout the tank. I like to keep my heater next to the filter intake to assist this.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/guide-to-starting-a-freshwater-aquarium-186089.html
Any questions don't be afraid to ask!

Back
Top Bottom