Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Smile Excited new member

Good morning! I hope Christmas was wonderful for all fish lovers! Now that I am retired, I have time to pursue my hobbies, reading, gardening, and maintaining (with help from my wonderful husband) 4 aquariums and one outside goldfish pond. Inside, my 20-gallon tank has community fish: molllies, guppies, tetras, neons, and glowfish. The glowfish are especially playful. My living room has a 50-gallon tank also with community fish but well-planted with different plants that are thriving. A couple of mollies had babies; I moved two females to the 20-gallon tank. This 50-gallon used to house convicts and silver dollars; however, a terrible case of columnaris (I think) took the lives of all but 1 convict. I gave him away to a local pet store owner. Even though they are aggressive, I love convicts because of their interesting habits and beautiful eyes. My 30-gallon tank contains semi-aggressive with large gouramis, a leaf fish, and red minor tetras. I wanted this tank's decor to match the colors of my room, so one thing I did is to paint the cabinet accordingly, and rather than using paper as a backing, I took an old piece of cloth, and it works very well. No worries about wet spots that stick to the class! What fun and solace they all provide!

Snrklr1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #2

POTM Champion
Send a message via Yahoo to bud29
Welcome aboard! I'm glad you're enjoying your aquariums!

bud29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Glad you like your tanks! You will find the forum community very helpful! I know I did when I first started!
Starting over...... Kinda.

3, 20, 25, 33 Gallon FW Tanks.....For Now

Scottyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
to AA! We hope you enjoy
Andrew McFadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome to the family

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com