Excited New Member - From MA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dangora

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey all, my dad and I used to be into the hobby when I was young, and now I'm starting fresh on my own. I bought a 10 gallon tank, cycled it for a week, and now have 2 dwarf gouramis and an albino cory. Figured if I have questions or can help someone, a forum for fish lovers would be great!

Update: Found a decent picture of my tank in its current state, thought I would share:
tankdu.jpg

-Danny

Welcome to the site! :)

By cycling the tank, do you mean it ran empty for a week? Unfortunately that is the pet store version of "cycling", but in reality the process doesn't begin until an ammonia source (fish or otherwise) is introduced to the tank. Make sure you have a bucket for water changes, a quality test kit (we mostly recommend API Master Kits), and a good water conditioner (like Seachem Prime) nearby at all times to help your fish stay healthy during the process.

Here's a great guide to give you some info-
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/artic...g-but-I-already-have-fish-What-now/Page2.html

Feel free to start a new thread in the getting started section, and we'll give you all the help and advice we can.

See you on the site!

Great! Thanks for the advice. If I have questions concerning what to do next with my tank, should I ask here or in the Getting Started section?

And I will probably go pick up the API Kit today. Thanks for the suggestion!

:welcome:
Welcome to AA!! We are glad to have you!​

Your best bet is to post a new thread in the getting started section when you have questions.

Back
Top Bottom