Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-08-2012, 02:15 AM   #131
Aquarium Advice Activist

I do not belive in carbon since I have a floating plants and my tank is very healthy.

Old 01-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #132
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancersmama79 View Post
Ive been changing dancers tank evry other day and a complete water change once a week. Today i did his complete water change and he seems to be agitated... hes been swimming very fast up and down from top to bottom of his tank and whipping from one side of the tank to the other and zig zagging almost like when u cant sit still if that makes sense...hes still showing off his fins and at times hes so still it looks like hes just floating there but u can see him still breathing... he was doing that yesterday too... i changed his water today cause i had noticed waste at the bottom and the black filmy stuff in the filter yesterday he was just sitting on the bottom at times then zigzagging really fast
His water temp is 76-78 constant can anyone help???

can anyone shed some light as to why he is acting this way? could it be fluctuation in temp? or signs of a disease??

Old 01-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #133
Aquarium Advice Addict

Did you remember to use dechlorinator?
Old 01-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #134
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

He could be scared, agitated, etc. The 1g isn't getting him enough room to hide or swim. IMO he's reacting to his cramped conditions. If you can't afford a tank could you possibly buy a large (2-3g or more) food grade plastic bin to keep him in until you get one?
Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:46 AM   #135
Aquarium Advice Freak

i did use my water conditioner and aquarium salt...i have a plastic Rubbermaid container that is a bit shallow i wasnt sure if it was deep enough for him but ill add attachments of pictures of it... it says it holds 40 cups... about 2.5 gal and its 5 inches deep.... also the filter has this black slimy stuff in the bottom of the tube where the water goes up through and its inside it as well... should i wipe that out or is it good bacteria??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0001_(2).jpg
Views:	34
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	69759   Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0002_(2).jpg
Views:	28
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	69760  

Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0003_(2).jpg
Views:	36
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	69761  
Old 01-09-2012, 12:52 AM   #136
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancersmama79
i did use my water conditioner and aquarium salt...i have a plastic Rubbermaid container that is a bit shallow i wasnt sure if it was deep enough for him but ill add attachments of pictures of it... it says it holds 40 cups... about 2.5 gal and its 5 inches deep.... also the filter has this black slimy stuff in the bottom of the tube where the water goes up through and its inside it as well... should i wipe that out or is it good bacteria??
If it doesn't have any soap residue and you filter and heater fit well it should be ok. Id put some mesh or something over the top to stop him jumping out. The black slimy stuff is probably algae. I wouldn't worry about it unless its blocking the tube.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:54 AM   #137
Aquarium Advice Freak

ive never used the container because ive had no use for it its never been washed or anything... Thank you for all your help.. your definitely a Godsend to people like me lol
Old 01-09-2012, 01:01 AM   #138
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Your welcome. We all have to start somewhere!
Old 01-09-2012, 03:19 AM   #139
Aquarium Advice Freak

so far he seems to be calmer most of the time... except when he finds his reflection and tries to attack it... hes been scopin things out i put 2 gal of water in the container and left a bit of room at the top to keep him from jumping out... hes not been one to try to jump out.... yet lol even in his other one... his head is changing colors i noticed when i put him in his cup to change him over to this container... he has the iridescent blue on his body and the color goes on into his cheeks like stripes but where his head used to be completely red now the top is red and his cheeks and under his mouth is a silver blue iridescent color....
Old 01-11-2012, 01:20 AM   #140
Aquarium Advice Freak

when i get the 5 gal should i go ahead and set it up with water conditioner and aquarium salt like i have the one gal with him in it and cycle it that way since i have no other container for him? with a 5 gal would u do a part water change twice a week and still do a complete water change once a week?

Tags
betta, bettas

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Hello | Hey all!! »