Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #161
Aquarium Advice Freak

totally different question.... was doing his water change and he decided to jump out of his cup and i didnt have the water back in his tank yet or even water conditioner in it... so i got water in his tank ASAP and the conditioner then the water temp spiked then i got it cooled down and now he looks likes hes got a light silver/whitish streak down his body and damage to his fins... his water temp is back down to 78 which is what i usually keep it at... just wondering what to watch for....

Old 01-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #162
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

He should be ok (hopefully). Just watch for heavy or fast breathing, clamped fins or any other odd behavior. He might not be 100% for a couple of days. Did he fall far?

Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:47 PM   #163
Aquarium Advice Freak

he jumped out right next to the cupon the counter in the kitchen... at first he was breathing heavy and his gills seemed to be opened farther than normal but as soon as the water temp went back to 80 that stopped... hes swimming fine now just seems to be resting more often

i cant help it im a mom first and he made my heart stop... lol
Old 01-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #164
Aquarium Advice Freak

We had a betta that got excited almost every time we changed its tank, and ended up on the counter more than a couple times. Usually they're just fine!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #165
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancersmama79
he jumped out right next to the cupon the counter in the kitchen... at first he was breathing heavy and his gills seemed to be opened farther than normal but as soon as the water temp went back to 80 that stopped... hes swimming fine now just seems to be resting more often

i cant help it im a mom first and he made my heart stop... lol
Oh that's good! If he fell to the floor he could have suffered internal injuries but he sounds fine. maybe next time put a net or something over the cup to prevent it.
Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:52 PM   #166
Aquarium Advice Freak

should have thought of that he definitely dont like being in close quarters lol hes like me he likes his space
Old 01-12-2012, 11:48 PM   #167
Aquarium Advice Addict

Do NOT place his cup next to a sink!!!
I had a betta in a bowl as a kid next to a sink and it jumped down the drain and died!
Old 01-13-2012, 12:20 AM   #168
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarpon View Post
Do NOT place his cup next to a sink!!!
I had a betta in a bowl as a kid next to a sink and it jumped down the drain and died!
So sad
I always triple check to water I've siphoned from the tank for stray zebra danios before I pour it out...I sucked one up once, but saw him in there right away!
Old 01-13-2012, 12:22 AM   #169
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisserydoo View Post
So sad
I always triple check to water I've siphoned from the tank for stray zebra danios before I pour it out...I sucked one up once, but saw him in there right away!
I put the end of my hose in a small colander and watch it to make sure I don't suck up any shrimp.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:53 AM   #170
Aquarium Advice Freak

i have an island in my kitchen away from the sink so that helps... once i get him in the 5 gal tank and start using the gravel cleaner i wont have to take his tank in there all the time and i will be getting a proper place to keep him while im doing that for now i have to just use a clear cup... thankfully i dont set it close to the edge... this is my first extensive experience trying to keep an aquarium and keeping myself informed so im learning as i go and i appreciate all the tips and info on here... im like a sponge soaking up all this information and expieriences shared from others on here..

Tags
betta, bettas

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Hello | Hey all!! »