Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-23-2011, 03:54 PM   #71
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would wipe down the sides gently if they get to gunky, just make sure everything is rinsed in old tank water so you don't kill the bacteria. You can swish the gravel around in old tank water as well without disrupting the bacteria too much.

When I had a betta in a 1 gallon, I poured him into a vase, swished the gravel around in some of the water, dumped out the water. Wiped down the inside with a clean papertowel,.then refilled with treated water.

Old 12-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #72
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have stones in the bottom right now until i get the 5 gal then ill make it more fancier with pretty gravel and plants and more stuff. i figured since there is limited space in the one gal 2 plants and stones and a small internal filter and a temp guage was fine to start with. i know its not much space but me and my daughter have been needing a pet since our dog died last yr she was more like my child than a dog... abd sissy asks for her all the time so i bought the fish for her as a christmas present and since im a single mom and she will be starting school in jan after she turns 3 on the 1st it will give me a companion, something to care for and as a mom i guess i need that lol i have every intention on keeping him in a very well invironment and eventually getting tankmates for him and taking good care of him

Old 12-23-2011, 06:34 PM   #73
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sounds like your doing a great job.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #74
Aquarium Advice Freak

I hope everything turns out alright for it. They are great little fish with big personality
Old 12-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #75
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea
Welcome! Thanks for joining us!
Hi mate it sounds like white spot my betta male fish had it it's parasites well he had all White spots on him he stopped eating n he went all discoloured I treated him with eSHa exit from my local pet store which only cost me £3.89 but make sure it's defo White spot first before treating the last thing u want is to treat the fish with wrong medicine
Old 12-26-2011, 12:37 AM   #76
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicklid-collector View Post
Hi mate it sounds like white spot my betta male fish had it it's parasites well he had all White spots on him he stopped eating n he went all discoloured I treated him with eSHa exit from my local pet store which only cost me £3.89 but make sure it's defo White spot first before treating the last thing u want is to treat the fish with wrong medicine

My lil guy only has one profound white spot on his head and ive noticed some discoloration on his cheeks but not white. hes still acting the same and eating the same just showing the physical signs... i just dont want it to turn into something major... ive heard about the pimples but he dont have any bloody veiny stuff or anything and he doesnt have anything that looks like Ich this just looks like a white patchy spot on his head... thanks for the info
Old 12-26-2011, 06:52 AM   #77
Aquarium Advice Addict

It sounds like it could be fungal.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:37 PM   #78
Aquarium Advice Freak

so should i treat with something like melafix? Also have a question about stress coat and stress zyme can you use stress coat as a water conditioner and should the stress coat and stress zyme be used together or should the stress zyme be added for instance every few water changes?
Old 12-26-2011, 02:38 PM   #79
Aquarium Advice Freak

if i treat with melafix how much do you use in a one gallon tank? sometimes the dosing can be tricky
Old 12-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #80
Aquarium Advice Addict

Use bettafix. It's basically melafix, but fir bettas, who need a lower dose, I believe. Then I would jut follow the directions.

Tags
betta, bettas

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Hello | Hey all!! »