Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-26-2011, 04:00 PM   #81
Aquarium Advice Freak

thank you... ive been researching so many different things and im not sure what is best to use for bettas... ive seen good reviews on betta revive and quick cure and ive also been doing daily part water changes... seems to be helping reduce the visibility of the spot and the discoloration like its fading in with the rest of his coloring almost like his color is changing and ive not treated him yet except increasing the water changes and aquarium salt... hes still a lil dancer hence the name...

Old 12-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #82
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

If he is improving with water changes and salt I'd skip the meds. The less you can add to a rank the better when it comes to medications/chemicals. If you use the melifix use 1/5 the dose. Labyrinth breathers don't do well at the recommended dose. If it is a fungus the melifix will do nothing.

Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:58 PM   #83
Aquarium Advice Freak

he seems to be fine since i increased the water changes and his behavior hasnt changed... hes not showing signs of anything else...
Old 12-26-2011, 07:18 PM   #84
Aquarium Advice Freak

took my lil dancer out n put him in his cup to do the part water change and examine him better. the spot on his head now looks like part of his scales and his face looks like its changing to a lighter blue instead of the darker reddish purple it was. ive noticed his fins also seem to be going through fin rot or loss. they are discolored darkened but growing back and whitish and thinning at the ends. his fins have a bluish color to them that fades into the bright red so its hard to tell unless hes in his cup and in good light like in the kitchen. i tried melafix for fin rot before with him but he seemed to get sick from the medicine. his behavior is still normal as well as his eating and interacting to me...
Old 12-26-2011, 07:28 PM   #85
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Yes melifix will do that at the full dose. Can you get a picture of his fins while he's in the cup? Do you think they are healing/growing or still rotting off?
Old 12-26-2011, 08:29 PM   #86
Aquarium Advice Freak

these pictures i just took of him... i tried to get some clear shots esp of his tail fins because they are the longest and curling up and the thinnest
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0574.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	67216   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0568.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	67217  

Name:	100_0613.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	67218   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0598.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	67219  

Old 12-26-2011, 08:33 PM   #87
Aquarium Advice Freak

a couple more
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_0604.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	67220   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0614.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	67221  

Old 12-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #88
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

IMO he looks to be healing from fin rot.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:46 PM   #89
Aquarium Advice Freak

thats what im thinking. Im finding that even having a small filter with a 1 gal its necessary to do part water changes daily. i spent 2 nights at my moms and wasnt home but fed him before i left and had done a water change that day and did one as soon as i got home yesterday. i noticed his fins seemed to be a bit dark yesterday as well... i think if hes healing on his own to let him heal and not add any chemicals or anything unless absolutely necessary...
Old 12-26-2011, 08:53 PM   #90
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancersmama79
thats what im thinking. Im finding that even having a small filter with a 1 gal its necessary to do part water changes daily. i spent 2 nights at my moms and wasnt home but fed him before i left and had done a water change that day and did one as soon as i got home yesterday. i noticed his fins seemed to be a bit dark yesterday as well... i think if hes healing on his own to let him heal and not add any chemicals or anything unless absolutely necessary...
Sounds like a plan. If/when you can afford it get him a larger tank. Even a 2.5g. You'll find the water conditions will stay more stable so less water changes and stress on him. The bigger the tank the easier it is to look after.

Tags
betta, bettas

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Hello | Hey all!! »