Fairly new to Salt water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jdesantis

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Good day all:

I have decided to take the plunge into saltwater. I started with a 5 gallon nano and it worked out very well. In this tank I had Live rock, a clown, two green chromis, a peppermint shrimp, and a green emerald crab. Had this up and running for approximately three months with no problems. My 29 tall had a huge jack dempsey that was atleast 4 years old, and he decided to check out....so.....it is now a saltwater tank in my living room. I transfered the live rock and fish into the 29 and added 22 more lbs of live rock. Things are going well, I bought a magnum canister filter and have added a copperband butterfly to the tank. One issue came up, I woke up yesterday to find the tail portion of my peppermint shrimp laying in the middle of the tank, I assume the copperband got him? I have on order a choc chip starfish, but am afraid that the copper might attack it, any thoughts? I have always had good luck with aquaria in the past, so why not SW...cheers....

Back
Top Bottom