Fin Rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barnature

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello,

I just bought a 15 gal. tank. I have 4 Blue Flame Tetras and another two tetras. I just noticed today that one of my Blue Flame's has fin rot. He seems pretty lonley and although I knew that a few fish might die, it's making really sad to know that I could have prevented this.

My tank is cycling right now. I do water changes weekly, clean the gravel and the glass. I added all the chemicals needed. The food I use to feed my fish is flake food. While cleaning the tank today, there was a lot of left over food so cleaned it all.

If you have any advice on how to stop this fin root or any good medication please tell me! I'd love to hear!

Thanks,

Nature :p

Welcome to AA! You will need to do water changes more frequently than weekly while cycling with fish. Daily water changes might be enough to cure the fin rot. You can add melafix/pimafix to the tank but if will be kinda pointless if you do the daily water changes.

Fin Rot, only worse

Thank-you!

I have another problem now. The fish is so weak that it gets sucked into the filter when it's on. I am going to leave it off for the night, but I can't forever. How much time will it take for the fish to cure if I do daily water changes?

Thanks again,

Nature :D

It may take a while. Put a sponge over the filter. Cut a slit in it and it will eliminate the fish getting stuck to it.

No fish with fin rot. Good or bad?

Thank-you so much but unfortunately my poor fish died before I could use your advice.

Thanks anyways!

Back
Top Bottom