Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-17-2014, 01:48 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Cool Finally found the intro!

Jeez, I've been in a couple forums but this one is quite complicated to search through!

I've had a fish tank since I was a child, my uncle (lived with us) use to own a 185 gallon salt water tank, 3 20 gallons, and a 29 gallon. He would use 2 of the 20 gallons for plants/coral etc, and the other 20 gallon for sick fish. He would use the 29gallon for a personal freshwater tank in his bedroom.

When I told my parents I wanted a tank, my uncle set me up with a 10 gallon tank.

I had that tank and set up for years until eventually all the fish died (from old age, I suppose) and I gave up on the fish because, as a child, I couldn't afford anymore.

Fast forward, I'm 16. Making some money, got a tattoo, got a car, now... I want a fish tank! Not only that, but I wanted to play with fire! No clue where the 10 Gallon tank resided, I went and bought a 20 gallon. Stocked with Neon Tetra, Otocinclus... And... 9 Female Bettas and 1 Male betta. I went through at least 3 Males until I found one who fit perfectly with the females. This set up lasted about 2 years until all but 2 female bettas, my tetra, and otocinclus randomly died one night. Still don't know why.

Fast forward, I'm 19. I decide neons and otos are boring... and Buy a 45 Gallon tank! Then buy a 55 Gallon tank, but that one is because I adopted a turtle from my sister.

In my (currently 6 month old) 45 Gallon tank are my otos, neons, 2 Opaline Gourami (one recently passed away), Angelfish, Rainbow Shark, and a bunch of horny Zebra Danios (I started with 4, 5 months later I have 20. Amazing horny buggers.)

My old 20 gallon is there just in case I need it. I also have another 20 gallon (originally used to house the turtle until I could get bigger) but it's fairly empty. I'm soon going to be adopting a second 55 Gallon tank.

Unlike most hobbyists, I was lucky enough to have someone teach me about fish before I went into the hobby!

Anyways folks, that is a quick run through of my personal experience! I'm here now just for the camaraderie!

Also forgive me for typos and grammar issues, I don't revise my posts - just type them crazily.

mas8394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:23 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
Welcome to AA!
- [ADA 60P] - [ADA 60F] - [GLA 6g] - [26g] - [2.1g Cube]
Brian_Nano12g is offline   Reply With Quote

fin, intro

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com