First Day on Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhemp34

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey Guys,

I'm Big D. I currently am running a 55 gallon A.Cichilid Set up. I inherited 5 with the purchase of the tank. I have never raised these fish but once i began to research and explore there genius I was very Intrigued. I am currently cycling a 125 G to move my fish over. I am currently stocking Haps and Peacocks with Perlmuts, Frontosa and A.Moori _blue Dolphins_and synodontis cats one with heavy spec and one with few. I am also a proud owner of 10 year old 20 inch Rhino pleco I Am getting read to move so while the 125 is currently setup and a family mbrs to cycle I am wondering how in the heck i'm going to transport 125 gallons of cycled water. Also moving the 55 gallon. Whew! Got a task on my hand. WIll post pics later. Also I am running a 10 gal hosp tank. For some reason I have been getting fish that arent adapting well to my tank. They seem to have a tough time acclimating I wonder if its do to my constant PH of 8.2 and the stores typically running 6-7 in their tanks.:confused:..I have also run into a issue of the fish growing cotton like fungus within a day of adding to my tank..all current fish are funtioning as usual with now issues. I have been taking fish back left and right. lol. So they are hospitaling their tank instead of me using my money. Its hard to get quality well care for fish in my area and you take a lot of chances. Well Thanks for having me.....PS. i have a really crazy auratus and i dont know what to do with him no pet stores will take him..he's pretty but is now biting my other less aggressive fish. What are your thoughts

water as of today.
ph. 8.2
nitrite. 0
ammonia 0.
nitrate 40

Just got me the expensive tester kit yay...

Welcome to AA and congrats on the test kit. I'm setting up a 55g African cichlid which finished cycling the other day :)

Welcome to AA. Dont worry about transporting the water, its not going to do much good. Just take your filter cartridges and keep them wet in a bucket or ziplock bad. Also if you can manage to keep your rocks, etc wet, that will help as well. Once you get your tank moved, put water and conditioner in, then start your filter. It will be up and running in no time. Took me 4 days to cycle my 150 with filters that had been set up on other tanks. Also how do you acclimate your fish? If there is a big ph difference, they will definately struggle if you dont introduce them slowly. I always let the bag sit in my tank until the water is the same temp, then slowly every hour or so add a cup of tank water to the bag until its completely full, then dip the fish out, put them in the tank, and throw out the bag and water. As for the auratus, i wish you lived close to me, id take him for you. You can always try craigslist, thats where ive bought/sold all my tanks :)

how do i start a new thread question???this is a mess ???or am i missing something easy

If you ask any questions do it in the FW forums. More people will see it in those forums. Just go to the appropriate forum and start new thread. BTW welcome to AA.

Back
Top Bottom