First fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maidance

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie so I should probably introduce myself! I'm louisa and I'm 16. I've never had a fish tank before a few days ago (other than little bowls I put guppies in when I was little but those don't count). I currently have a betta fish and I believe he ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392851884.078414.jpgis a double tail? I plan on adding real plants to my tank but my local store was all out so that's going to have to wait until they get more. I have a 10 gallon tank with a filter. I don't know the brand because it was given to me by a friend (the filter too). It doesn't have a heater yet, which I know I need, but since it's winter and the heat in my house is messed up my room (with my fish) is almost constantly 80 degrees anyway. I don't have many pictures right now but I'll take more when I get home. Oh and my betta is a male I've named Sushu. Here's the pictures I have so farImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392851794.939889.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392851819.250868.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392851847.346834.jpg also I would like to know if there are any possible tank mates? Or if there are any compatible frogs? I've always liked frogs

I told you id post more pictures. He was hiding in his plant when I got home so I only got one (you can only take so many pics of a fish within a minute) so I took two, one with flash and one without. I just thought they were cuteImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392854990.032046.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392855004.392404.jpg

But what kind of frogs? I can't imagine a huge frog in the same tank as my little betta. Would african dwarf frogs work? I think I saw some at my local pet store. And thanks for the warm welcome! I have an empty 5 gallon and I think I have an empty 4 gallon somewhere. (My dad used to have fish) so if some fish end up not working with my betta I have a backup.

I have a african dwarf frog in with my guppies and neons and he is pretty settled in there.. Although they are social frogs and prefer to be in pairs so am going to get another one ... I have a 20g tank with plenty of spots for him to explore and hide and he loves to climb in the real plants I have ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392942440.762757.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392942473.780148.jpg

Great! I'm so happy to know I can have my betta and froggy and the same time! I'll probably get some live plants too but I want to focus on getting into a schedule for my fish and the tank before starting on plants

It's great to have something different in your tank aswell.. People love to see the frog in there

Yes I can't wait! I love that my betta has a lot of room right now but he's almost always in his submarine or in the plants so it looks like I have an empty tank. It would be nice to see something once in a while. I heard neon tetras work well with betta. Do they work well with adfs too?

Yes I can't wait! I love that my betta has a lot of room right now but he's almost always in his submarine or in the plants so it looks like I have an empty tank. It would be nice to see something once in a while. I heard neon tetras work well with betta. Do they work well with adfs too?

Durr scratch that the person above who posted the cute pictures of there frogs said they had some in there tank

My betta ate today! I didn't mention it before but I couldn't get him to eat because the pellets would sink before he could notice them, but today I decided to baffle the filter and he ate immediately! Also I heard the clear parts of his fins might become colored?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393005791.018182.jpg

Back
Top Bottom