First time tanker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

new2fishes

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone!

I just started with my very first ten gallon tank and I am sure there will be plenty of mishaps to come.

I'll do my best to keep my little fishies alive, hopefully with your help!

All I've done is install the over the top filter thingy and dechlorinized the water I put in, which was only like 7 gallons (for now).

Also, I put two little underwater frogs and a little catfish in there and they seem happy as can be.

Next I think I'll get one of those under the rock filters and some fun aquarium goodies, let me know if you have any suggestions,

Thank you,
new2fishes

Welcome to AA:) Did you cycle the tank? Sounded like you just put water, dechlor, and then added fish without cycling? If you didnt, read through the articles in my signature on cycling. That will help you out alot. Also, if i understood it correctly, you are planning on getting an undergravel filter? I would not recommend that. I would recommed using only an HOB (hang on back) or a canister filter, more realistically an HOB on a 10g... Also, do you know what kind of catfish it was?

Back
Top Bottom