First time with discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irish64

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought a75 gallon reef ready tank and would like to try some discus fish. I have no experience with them at all. I have done salt water reef tanks in the past but its been a while and am a bit rusty. Any help with my new adventure would be greatly appreciated. I don't even know how to set the tank up for these fish.

Thanks

First off welcome to the forum and the discus question discus are fresh water fish that prefer softer water and there water needs to be very clean so frequent water changes are nessisary

Welcome!

Do so much research, till you can't possibly do anymore and you feel like you know it ALL! lol

To take VERY good and proper care of them, is a HUGE commitment! You can't be a slacker and keep Discus well. Do research on where you get your stock, also there is a thread somewhere about how to spot a GOOD healthy Discus, try and find it!

Good and happy fish keeping to you. There are also threads about kinds of plants which do well in the warmer water. Good to know too.

Back
Top Bottom