Fish B Cool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elynna

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone

I am returning to the hobby after many years. My son gave me a tank which I put together and so far for the last five weeks everything went okay until my water heater died on me. I didn't realise it until I discovered the temperature had dropped to 24 degrees so made sure it was set at 26. Unfortunately it then started to increase and I noticed the light didn't go out. The outside temperature on the tank was 30 degrees so it must of been pretty hot in there. I turned off the heater and put a few ice cubes in the water to bring down the temperature, unfortunately the water then began to rapidly go down and I had to race out and buy another heater. The temp is okay now but my fish have taken a hammering. One of the guppies is a little mopey but so far they have survived. But for how long. I keep checking the water but it seems okay. It's becoming so addictive and such a worry. I have two red tetras, six neons and six guppies so far. Any clues on how I can fix my mopey guppy or is he just trying to be cool. Hmm.

Cheers Elynna

Hi there

Yes I am checking the water regularly and it is fine. I have also had someone else check it. My problems only began when when my heater broke down. Now I'm trying to stabilise my fish.

Regards Elynna

Elynna

Back
Top Bottom