Fish B Cool
I am returning to the hobby after many years. My son gave me a tank which I put together and so far for the last five weeks everything went okay until my water heater died on me. I didn't realise it until I discovered the temperature had dropped to 24 degrees so made sure it was set at 26. Unfortunately it then started to increase and I noticed the light didn't go out. The outside temperature on the tank was 30 degrees so it must of been pretty hot in there. I turned off the heater and put a few ice cubes in the water to bring down the temperature, unfortunately the water then began to rapidly go down and I had to race out and buy another heater. The temp is okay now but my fish have taken a hammering. One of the guppies is a little mopey but so far they have survived. But for how long. I keep checking the water but it seems okay. It's becoming so addictive and such a worry. I have two red tetras, six neons and six guppies so far. Any clues on how I can fix my mopey guppy or is he just trying to be cool. Hmm.