Fish died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

susanklosky

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We have had our tank going for about 6 months. 75 gallons 6 fish. A few corrals and plenty of the cleaning crew. Last night everything was good. All the corals out. Fish swimming and even had some baby star fish. Today we awoken with dead fish and corals on the edge. Did 25 percent water change and added some chemicals to diminish ammonia and nitrates. Did not have time to test as we were trying to save the last of the fish gasping for air. Tested everything later. Everything is in within limits. What happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

We lost all the fish. But most of our corals seem to be hanging in along with a few of the cleaning crew. Water finally cleared up after adding another filtration system and massive water change. Checked all the parameters All seem good. The leather coral was withdrawn and wimpy. Last night it perked up and opened. This morning there seemed to be a large tear in it. Now it's tentacles have detached and are wide open and it shed its skin. Now white. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427427898.946642.jpg

Will try posting there. Just trying to navigate this site

Back
Top Bottom