Fish Newbie Hear anxious to learn =D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoldfishNewbie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all my names Candle... or GoldfishNewbie, whatever, anyways Just wanted to say hi and i'm excited to meet everyone.
This seems like a super nice site, and I hope the people are friendly.
I tried asking questions on yahoo answers but they get mad because I don't know much, which is why I ask... To learn lol
So I'll prob have lots of questions on here and it'd be awesome if no one freaked out over my wrong steps, I'm trying to fix and learn from them so i CAN become experienced and not make the same stupid decisions :shock:

Hey, your in the same position everyone on here was once in, so feel free to ask questions, everyone here is willing to help as much as they can to make sure you don't make the same mistakes we did when we started up lol :) welcome to AA!

Welcome to AA.! Fish people are friendly people. It's a fact! ;)

-Dylan

Welcome to AA. the people here are very friendly and im sure those who have the answers to your questions will help you. I'm also new to fish keeping so new i still havn't got a tank :) i'm researching before i kill all the fish i buy :) but all questions i have asked have been answered here, nobody has got mad at me because of my lack of knowledge on fish keeping (i think :) ) so im sure you will learn everything you need here :)

Hey! This site IS awesome. There are experts here that don't make you feel like an imbecile if you have questions. They've been too cool , and I'm sure they can answer anything you ask in a second or two.

I am assuming you have goldies...am I right?!?! (holds breath)
They're my absolute FAVORITES!
I have 3 and they are just as spoiled rotten as my dog. I love them so much. They're so gorgeous and graceful and SMART!

I hand-feed those suckers, and man, they know exactly when it's coming. They make me happy!

Anyway, hey, and hi!

Hello, I'm very new on this site too :) Some people on the fish yahoo answers are incredibly self righteous. I've spent alot of time there and often been very frustrated. So many people on there judge really harshly, and it's as if they've forgotten what it was like as they began the hobby..and maybe the mistakes they've made. The fact is there's lots of us started out knowing nothing about what we were doing and learned the hard way. To those of you that researched everything to high heaven before you had your first tank, kudos, that's awesome...but I didn't have the internet back when I had my first tank...I had never heard of the nitrogen cycle! It never occured to me that a pet that cost two dollars was something that required research. You live you learn. Ppl here don't seem to get so judgemental..more helpful :)

it's so true! I really didn't like how yahoo were just like you said, act like they never started off, just always knew, and it's nice that people do research before, but I mean... I was taught the wrong things about caring for fish, and it's cool to have other people understand that :D

Back
Top Bottom