Fishy Fishy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lpglizard

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello AA

New member but i have been at this site numerous time
Never had fish before but thought it would be a good hobby for Summer.
Started with a bowl for my Betta fish Sushi but felt that he deserved better! So we got him a nice little tank all to himself. Somehow i got a free 5 gallon tank from work and that really got me going. Upgraded that to a 10G tank and the live plants really made the tank popped. Toro the female betta is the big fish in this tank but she plays wells with the neon tetras, rasboras, nerite snails and shrimps. Then my wife wanted a betta for herself so we had Shimmy.

Currently i am planning to upgrade the 10G to a 29G tank. Have got a stand from craiglist and currently sourcing a used tank. If so i need to figure out a way to display all three tanks.

If i were to redo it all over again, i would have
a. Started with a bigger tank (but i was not sure if this was the right hobby for me at that time)
b. Started with the right substrate. My plants grow but pretty slowly in gravel. Next tank would probably be with Eco Complete

Anyway here are my tanks

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 89
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 84
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 58
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 53
Oh. Forgot to mention that I am fighting diatoms in Shimmy's tank. I even tried moving my Amanos to clean up the diatoms. It worked but they came back once I relocated them back to the main tank. Appreciate any guidance or tips on removing diatoms!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Diatoms will usually die down in a new tank after a few months.

Welcome to AB btw. You already have MTS :)

Multiple Tank Syndrome, lol. (it is also an acronym for Malaysian Trumpet Snail, which also multiplies quickly)
Your tanks look terrific!

Thanks! I need a cure! Maybe a nice 29 gallon will help! That's what I keep on telling the missus!

Sent from my SM-P600 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom