Fishy-friend noob

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amber B

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All

I recently bought a 50 litre beginner tank (total spur of the moment purchase as I was only meaning to buy some cat food...?!) but I'm pretty sure I've found a cool new interest. I've really enjoyed reading various articles on this site and it's great to see how passionate people are in regards to keeping their fish happy and healthy.

At the moment I have a planted tank with 6 Neon Tetras, 6 male Guppies and a mystery snail. Due to the size of the tank, I'll probably just stick with these guys for the time being and upgrade to a bigger tank in the future.

I look forward to learning more about tropical fish keeping, this forum looks to be a great resource!

Cheers
Amber

Thanks Pete! Yup the tank is cycled. The advice given to me was slightly different to what I have since read here (more simplified maybe?) ... but so far all of the fish mateys seem to be doing fine. It's been 3 weeks since I put the last few fish in.

That is great, the reason i ask is that it sounded like maybe the purchase and set up all happened yesterday! I was just worried and wanted to help you avoid a catastrophe. How are your levels? Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate? What did you do to cycle? Congratulations on your fish tank, and come back often and share your progress. As you learn, share in the fun of helping others!

Back
Top Bottom