Fluvel Edge 46litres

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eric1986

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all,This is my first time having fish and was very taken by the look of this tank all thought it was a good size. I am only keeping coldwater fish, at the moment I have 1 fantail goldfish, 4 platys, and 1 small bottom feeding catfish.
My only real concern is the tank is still cloudy some places I have read this could be due to bacteria still building up????
Would love some ideas on additional fish? Or just some general tips and hints of fluval edge owners.

Hello and welcome!

I have the Edge 6.6G
60074-albums9764-picture59829.jpg

Just about to buy the 46l one. ;)

The Goldfish will need a new tank/home, it is too small of tank to house a goldie.

Check this out and you will see why!
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...uire-big-tanks-visual-perspective-265871.html

The cloudy parts are likely a lack of flow/circulation. I have been reading about the tanks and some people add a nano powerhead.

Also not having the Goldie in there should help too.

And moving decorations in a way that there is space for the water to flow through and around in there could also help.

Check out my Edge tank over the past year and a half in my album.
Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - Autumnsky's Album: Edge 6.6G

Will enjoy watching what you do with the tank.

Hi

In your option would regular water changes help?
Also temp is at 25 degrees due to the warm weather could that possibly be a factor with the cloudiness?
Also read a little bit about people adding bubble tubes to put more oxygen in would that help?

On a not so moaning thread the 46litre tank is very nice well worth buying hope to see yours set up soon!!!!

Hi

In your option would regular water changes help?
Also temp is at 25 degrees due to the warm weather could that possibly be a factor with the cloudiness?
Also read a little bit about people adding bubble tubes to put more oxygen in would that help?

On a not so moaning thread the 46litre tank is very nice well worth buying hope to see yours set up soon!!!!

I am understanding that you mean 25 Celsius? If so that would be 77 Fahrenheit/77F

The Platy are fine in that temperature, but as Rivercats mentioned in your other thread, those fish may be too much for the bioload too.

White Cloud Mountain Minnows are nice fish for a much larger tank with a Goldy 40G or around 150L tank would be better for them and your Platy. But eventually they would need to move as the Fantail would get too big and likely want to eat them as a snack.

The additional aeration will be helpful too. Also water changes will help.

Bottom line is that the Fantail will get too big and if you leave it in there it will get stunted, that is where the exterior of the Goldfish stops growing, but what doesn't stop growing is the fish's internal organs. So they are damaged and the fish will suffer and have illness issues as it ages and will die prematurely. They can get to around 10-25 years old! One goldfish was said to have lived 45 years!

Enough on here though, since it is for introductions and there was your coldwater thread. I will go and post there later, if you have more questions, or anything just let me know!

Goldfish care is often misunderstood. The people here can help with that problem though! LFS do not always give proper advice.

There are some awesome fish which would be great for the Edge tank.
here is a pic of one of mine, it is a Sundanio Axlerodi Blue Neon also known as a Rasbora Axlerodi blue neon.
60074-albums9764-picture59827.jpg

I also have Boraras Brigittae "Chilis" in mine little 6.6G Edge, with dwarf shrimp.

Thank you about the 46L. It was on sale, but I missed the sale (and I am hoping to find it in the next month on sale again somewhere) or I already would have bought it!:brows:!

Back
Top Bottom