Forgot to do this.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonestarbandit

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello I'm Jason, current undergrad student, Ex Army soldier and suppressed raving aquarist.
My latest relapse began after a 10 year successful avoidance of all things fishy. This involved the purchase of first a craigslist 46 gallon hex front tank with stand. This unfortunate failure to resist prompted my sister to exclaim
" Well that's it then. Wall of tanks coming soon to a house near you". "No no"! Said I. That will never happen (again) I assure you. That's right I had entered the denial stage already. Shorty after completely cleaning and disinfecting ( I even unwired the light fixture down to its component parts - prev owner smoked heavily and everything stank ) I was sitting enjoying my new price and joy when the need for a fix struck me. I HAD to have something new immediately if not sooner. Remembering I had once in a proud and noble act of resistance hurtled a 10 gallon tank that once housed a hermit crab into the depths of my storeroom I set forth on incredible odyssey to retrieve it. Oh it WAS an odyssey I promise you! (you have never met my store room!! - it's the Bermuda triangle of enclosed indoor spaces!!) finally several hours later I seized upon a flash of glass I had found it. This unfortunate incident prompted more bleaching, scrubbing and shopping. Having received my fix for the moment you would think the winds of insanity would have retreated from my life but no! Spotting yet another Craigslist ad in a moment of weakness for a 55 gallon tank fish equipment and stand in admittedly terrible condition covered in algae and hard water buildup I felt weak and powerless to resist the consuming need. I rushed forth to travel the distance to claim my deeply desired prize erstwhile forgetting while the concept had promise the execution of the same perhaps could have been given more thought. I arrived in a 4 door full sized American car to claim as my own that which required a truck. Several feverish and abortive attempts later my purchase was (hypothetically) secured placing my vehicle in such a condition even the slightest of accidents would have caused said mode of transportation to erupt like an over-ripe zit. Finally my insanity and need satisfied the 55 is currently installed and cycling. I am completely recovered..... What's this!!??! An ad for a 75 gallon.......... "What a bargain!" the little voice opinionates cackling with sadistic glee

image-1949458792.jpg

Attachments

• image-2041280637.jpg
    image-2041280637.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 92
  • image-3365222761.jpg
    image-3365222761.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 78
  • image-662880656.jpg
    image-662880656.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 84
Scott F said:
Glad I'm not the only one !!! Although I've learned to tame the voice in my head that says "go to craigslist and see whats there. You can find room...there's always room."

It reminds me of The Eagles "Hotel California".
"You can check out any time, but you can never leave"!

I am the same way. I currently have 5 fishtanks. About two years ago I bought my first which is a 75g but was sold on CL as a 55. So I scored on that one. Than about two years passed and the bug bit again. I saw a actual 55g that a woman was dying to get rid of so I scored again. But I wasn't done. I was laying in bed when I pulled up CL to find a woman giving away two more(20 and 30g) so that just added to the collection. And my final find was a woman who's house foreclosed and put a 100g online for $150 I waited till the last day and offered $80 and scored!!!! So that's all my deals, just though I would share.

Welcome!

I stopped for two years...then went slowly with a new previously owned but never used NIB 18gal bow front kit for $50.

Then decided I wanted a 46 gal bow front, but couldn't find one cheap enough, bought three more tanks used and still don't have my 46 gal bow front. Got a Edge 6.6 for Mother's Day!!! too. One went to best friend, have 4 tanks plus 2 Betta Habitats (I don't call them tanks since they are smaller 2.5g LOL...).

It woulda been cheaper to buy a used Bow front! :whistle:

I wanted a tropical tank, a cool water tank, a guppy tank, a guppy grow out tank, a shrimp tank or two..... a Vivarium, Koi pond....I am trying to get back down to three! lol

Hi, my name is... and I am an addict! Also this is one of the few addictions where the addiction is part of the therapy!

Back
Top Bottom