Fresh start into aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DustinM

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I have to first start this off with saying I'm not a complete newbie to the world of Aquariums, but I'm pretty close.

I haven't had an aquarium since I was in my pre-teens, and now I've decided to jump back in. I got myself a 10gal kit, got it set up, cycled, and now I've thrown in some plants and fish.

Currently I've got 2x El Nino Fern, which may or may not make it from what I've read after buying them. :ermm: There's also a narrow leaf Java fern, and what I was told was Wisteria, although it looks nothing like what I'm used to seeing.

The fish that roam the tank consist of two very small, and very active Emerald Cory's, and five White Cloud Minnows that seem to be entirely too energetic for a 10gal tank.

In my past, I've had a 55gal freshwater setup with angels, shovelnose catfish, turtles, tetras, barbs, gouramis. You name it, it's been in that tank. Unfortunately the shovelnose got big enough to eat everything, and that's when my love of aquariums ended as a young boy.

Ideally, I'd like to keep the 10g going, get back into the swing of things, and get myself another 55g tank for a big community tank, and maybe a smaller cichlid tank. I've also been tossing the idea around for a nano reef tank, but a past experience with saltwater has really made me wary of anything salt related.

I would post pictures of the tank, but right now I'm having an issue with a haze that developed overnight. It's cloudy, and testing the water shows everything normal. I'm hoping it's just something minor but I've got my eye on it for the moment.

Well, I got some pictures of the tank anyways. I did a small water change earlier today which seemed to help clear it up. It happened very quickly. Crystal clear water last night, wake up and it's just milky looking. Current plan of action is to keep up with some 10-15% changes daily until it clears up, or it fixes its self.

I do apologize in advance. I'm no photographer. It was a complete pain trying to get photos of the tank without flash whiting out the picture.

The plants in front of the heater I was told was Wisteria when I bought it. Certainly looks different from what I was expecting.

Direct link to Album: Tank - Imgur
:popcorn:

Attachments

• DSCN0130.jpg
    DSCN0130.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCN0140.jpg
    DSCN0140.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN0142.jpg
    DSCN0142.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 58