Gave in to the addiction!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishcrack

Aquarium Advice Regular
After years of financing my kid's critters (and then taking care of them), I finally purchased my own salt water tank. The problem is, I'm addicted. I have a 29 gallon of my own after carefully observing the mistakes my son made on his tank and doing some of my own research. I've now branched out on my own and joined the forum. I'm tired of asking questions through them. I'm mostly planning on adding corals but of course, I always want more and I love the stuff that's $$$. But, slow and steady seems to be the way to go! My tank has been up for 7 months now. Does the addiction ease after time?

Welcom to AA I think the addiction actually increases over time before you know it you will have a 200g full blown reef:) Good luck

Ha, I got a kick out of your post. Great name too!

My addiction comes and goes, but I doubt I'll lose interest anytime soon now. For the past few years I would get really into it for a while, and then I wouldn't do much for months, so it's streaky. This is all just me though.

Now though, since I've gone planted, I think I'm in for good. At least for a long long while.

everytime you see something new at your lfs, you know your going to buy it lol. Also when theres no more room in your tank, you better believe it-------youll get a bigger tank lol.

Welcome to AA! MTS (multiple tank syndrome) takes hold quickly. As of yet there is no known cure. When your tanks get stocked you get STS (shrunken tank syndrome) which in turn leads back to MTS as you can't get over the desire for more fish and tank. :)

Marchmaxima = Totally sucked in to fish keeping hobby, and is only getting worse by the day.

That said, I gave up smoking in January..... right about the time I got my tank together.... I figure I have replaced the bad addiction with a new one less destructive to my health, even if it is just as destructive to my budget :)

Welcome!

Welcome to the site, and the addiction does not let up!

Can't fight it.

Being clean and sober now for several wonderful years I thought I stumbled upon a fellow member about to go off the wagon. But you mean "THE FISH ADDICTION" --- Now thats a whole different story --- So please allow me to answer it as if it was a substance addiction --- I had been clean and sober from "THE FISH ADDICTION" for 28 years --- I started to feel confident -- I thought I had it beat --- I tested my confidence by going to pet stores and just look --- I did this for several weeks.....until ! --- something snapped inside my mind --- I don't remember too much --- there were tanks and hoods and stands and filters --- MY MIND WAS SPINNING !! -- When I regained consciousness I was in my living room with a new 36gal corner tank complete with hood, lights, stand and filters ---- OH MY GOD !! I was addicted again
Welcome to the liquid addiction

Got lots of laughs from all your responses! At least I know there is enough of us addicts out there to start a 12 step group if need be. But then again . . . who has a problem?

Back
Top Bottom