G'day all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SCUBA-Pat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
'ello everyone

I signed up to the forums today, so I thought I'd say hi and give a little intimation about myself ( I'd like to create a fan base lol).

Anyways, I'm a professional diver, recreational and commercial, so I built a love for the marine life. As a kid I had goldfish and other temperate fish spieces, but not until I actual dived the Great Barrier Reef when i was 12 did my passion for marine life started. I spent 10 year living on the tropical reefs of Australia, however I had to move down to colder waters for my work. I really missing the warm waters now. However I'm looking forward to diving with different fishes, sharks, seals and the whales that are in this water.

Although we are for aquariums. I've had a few tropical ones in my time, but when I moved to go away to study I had sell my tank. After spend a few months, I bought a cheap complete kit tank from big w and started to work around bettas (fighting fish), by the end I had about 5 tanks around my dorm room and one breeding tank. I enjoyed bettas, as they were all different, I think I have some photos of my first betta (Hades) on Facebook so I might load them up. I ended up giving them away because of my new job and the 7,000 km move I had to do.

So here I am now with the passion and love still burning through my blood, or maybe that could be the nitrogen bubbles. I plan on doing a few set ups over time. However I plannon buying a house soon a converting a room to a room filled with tanks and basically with a massive bean bag in the middle, so on my weekends I can go in there a watch the lovely, peaceful ways of the gental animals. Also, after studying and watching of documentaries on the octpuss i plan on getting one or two and study how they interact with one another. I will make another topic about what I have learnt and seen about as they are almost on the same intelligence as humans and are perfectly genetic.

Other than the sea water running through me, I'm just a typical guy. I like my beer, sport, gaming and well generally sitting down and relaxing sharing a few stories.

So yeah, I can't wait to get to hobby again and I look forward to sharing my experience. I more forward to see other people's experience and see what people have come up with. But I love having a yarn with folks so don't be shy.

Welcome to AA! Sounds like you've seen lots of marine life! That's so awesome! Welcome and good luck with aquariums:)

Back
Top Bottom