G'day from Sydney Australia!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kenny69

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all, my wife and I have recently got back into aquariums after a couple of years off. Bought an aquaone brand aquagrande 150, which is a 100gal 5ft tank. It's a Lake Malawi tank and is currently lightly stocked with some very small Electric yellow's, Peacocks and Venustus. Can't wait till I can fully stock it so we have a vibrant Malawi setup with amazing colour dashing around like crazy. Will post some pics when I figure out how to lol. Looking forward to joining in with some good discussions and getting advice along the way.

Cheers

Ken ;)

kenny69 said:
Hi all, my wife and I have recently got back into aquariums after a couple of years off. Bought an aquaone brand aquagrande 150, which is a 100gal 5ft tank. It's a Lake Malawi tank and is currently lightly stocked with some very small Electric yellow's, Peacocks and Venustus. Can't wait till I can fully stock it so we have a vibrant Malawi setup with amazing colour dashing around like crazy. Will post some pics when I figure out how to lol. Looking forward to joining in with some good discussions and getting advice along the way.

Cheers

Ken ;)

Hey welcome to AA, (fishbook)
It's nice to get some more aussies on here.
I'm from melbs.

here Fishie Fishie fishie.

kenny69 said:
Hi there, LOL I just posted on you're melb shop enquiry post.

I see you have used livefish.com. I have looked at them they seem well priced.

But was worried how they would get the fish from qld to melbs with 1. The fish still alive 2. How it affects the fish stress wise after you home it.

And it dies days later.

Never had a problem, although I haven't done it for a few years. I had a mate who got his 6 frontosas in the mail lol, all fine. He used to get feeders all the time too and they always turned up still kicking, till the fronnies got them anyway!. We are going to get a couple of sailfin plecs from them soon. As far as the fish turning up alive, they fill the bag with pure oxygen so they can last for days.

Ahh I see. What.about the fish getting tossed about? Surely it wouldn't be a smooth trip in a bag changing hands as often as it would.

I couldn't imagine it would be very smooth but they garrentee the safe arrival of all stock. As far as shocking the fish, it wouldn't be any worse that driving them for an hour in your car, I don't think the level of shock get's any worse than that, unless it was crazy rough.....

kenny69 said:
I couldn't imagine it would be very smooth but they garrentee the safe arrival of all stock. As far as shocking the fish, it wouldn't be any worse that driving them for an hour in your car, I don't think the level of shock get's any worse than that, unless it was crazy rough.....

True only one way to find out if we get some cichlids from there ill let you know how they went.

Back
Top Bottom