G'day, just found this forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dyrodium

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey!
My names Angus Deveson, i'm 15 (nearing 16) and live in sydney, NSW Australia. I've been keeping fish for years now, and my use of the internet has led me to this place! Finaly somewhere people actualy understand the technical and somewhat magical art of keeping fish. :p

Alittle about me... well i'm the kind of person who doesn't dedicate themselves to just one hobby, but have tried and done many things. I've got a small collection of crystals and minerals (sample specimins mainly, plus some awsome amber chunks with insect inclusions), and of coarse my fish interest, which over the past year has somewhat dwindled with all the yr 10 hype over work and school certificate. However now its done, i'm regaining interest (as well as being amazed with all the new fish and hybrids available!). My other interest is electronics and mechanical things. I also currently build combat robots for competition, and have my own little converted store room for building whatever.

SO... lol sorry to bore you! :lol: Yeah i'll be posting a few topics or posts here or there, and if anyone needs help in the DIY section i just might be able to help, so send us a P.M.!

Oh and also with the username, it means nothing, letting me register into anything without lengthy and hard to remember _s and 231s :)

I look foward to becoming member into this interesting little fish community! :D

Howwwwdy! Welcome to AA! :smilecolros:

Interesting hobbies. Sounds like a career path...well, at least a science direction. A little advice from an old fart - jobs ain't really work when you enjoy what you're doing a lot.

What's the "10 year hype over work and school cerificate all about"? What's that mean? You speakin' Australian or something? :?

BTW - freshy or salty?

Again, welcome.

austinsdad said:
What's the "10 year hype over work and school cerificate all about"? What's that mean? You speakin' Australian or something? :?
BTW - freshy or salty?

Lol yeah i suppose it is! :D The school certificate is a government run test you do in year 10. practically useless if you continue on till the high school certificate in year 12 however people pressure you alot :( .

And regarding my tanks, freshy... my pockets arn't deep enough for salty...yet. :lol:

Thanks for the warm welcome! :D

Just took a few pics of my fish to show you what kind of fish i'm keeping at the moment.
I keep and breed a small colony of Neolamprologus multifasciatus, the smallest known cichlids. Their absolutely awsome little fish! I love cichlids as they seem to be pretty intelligent compared to other species, and its fun to watch them dig their little "nest pits" by moving the chunks of gravel with their mouths, plus the beautiful blue colour of their eyes is so cool! :D

Attachments

• pb120186.jpg
    pb120186.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom