Getting back in the saddle...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsRoss27

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all :wave:,
I joined so I could have a place readily available to get some answers to any issues I may have as I haven't kept a tank in almost 13yrs :blink:. My father, who has been a salt water hobbyist for close to 30yrs (up until I was 5 or 6yrs old he had a freshwater tank) is a good resource but I don't feel like bugging him a great deal.

Just dealing with some high PH issues in my 10gal tank and looking forward to getting some Dwarf Gouramis (2-3). I'm contemplating have a few smaller fish, but not sure....maybe a few months after I get the Gouramis. I also have a 3gal tank, which can house up to 3 Bettas, of which I plan to keep just one.

I do hope to either get a much larger tank (I've always wanted an eel:dance: (fresh or salt, though I know saltwater eels are harder to keep)) or further down the road a saltwater tank- Tangs, Clownfish and Sea Anemones are my favs.

I currently live in central MS (originally from WI, have lived in MI, NH and NY) and not happy that I can't find legit fish stores:facepalm:; as I'd rather buy my Betta from a fish store, which would also give me the option of buying females as I have in the past.
Merry Christmas!
MsRoss27

Thank you both! Just reading up on quite a few threads of interest before I eventually start adding fish to my tank.

Welcome to AA MsRoss. Just to let you know, as a father myself, there aren't too many things that bring much more happiness to myself, then when my son asks me questions about, or help with, the hobby. I'm sure your dad feels the same. Just a thought ;)

Welcome to AA! :)

Beware... female DGs can be difficult to find. 99% of those in most shops are male.

I may do that (internet bought DG males/females)...as I've been thinking about female Bettas, which I'd only be able to get online since only males are sold in the pet stores around here. If I went that route, then I'd just get 1 DG and 3-5 female Bettas.

p.s. I literally just found 2 legit fish stores...I will check them out soon and hope for good options!

I may do that (internet bought DG males/females)...as I've been thinking about female Bettas, which I'd only be able to get online since only males are sold in the pet stores around here. If I went that route, then I'd just get 1 DG and 3-5 female Bettas.

p.s. I literally just found 2 legit fish stores...I will check them out soon and hope for good options!

I hope the stores you find will let you special order from them.

Back
Top Bottom