Getting back into the hobby!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lowtech87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everybody!!! I'm 28 years old and have always been fascinated by fish. I have had several tanks through out the years but never really got serious until about 5 years ago. Back then I did a 40 gallon Amazon tank with a 20 gallon sub filter all diy way over built. I scrapped it after I moved two years later but always wanted to start something again. So for Christmas I got got 500 bucks and decided to get back into the hobby over the past month I built a palodarium out of a 40g breeder. Then things got serious, I scored a 55 at good will for 20 bucks. Then I went to petco last week and they were doing there dollar a gallon sale so I grabbed another 55 and a 29 so I'm all set on tank projects for the year lol!!!

My palodarium has about 20 gallons of water in it. I have 8 harlequin rasbora two mystery snails and 3 otocinclus. In the top of the tank I have 4 anole. I know the tank is a little over stocked and otocinclus prefer to live in groups of 6 or more. I'm planning on putting them into the 29g once it's up and running at the end of the month. IM just letting them gorge on all the algae that's on my driftwood in the tanks for now. Plus they've really brightened up in the black water.

My goal in fish care is to continue learning and caring for Amazonian fish I've just always been fascinated by the fish in that specific region.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Forgot! Here's some pics!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453955681.841804.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453955699.126606.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453955751.915735.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi, welcome to the forum :)
Beautiful looking tank!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon shrimp and snail tank

Back
Top Bottom