Goldfish Fan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish Fan

Aquarium Advice Newbie

I am joining today because I don't personally know anyone that enjoys talking about aquariums. Here's a little bit about me. I have two large breed dogs, a parakeet, an african clawed frog and a 38 gallon goldfish aquarium. I had my very first goldfish at the age of 8 and I can't remember a time since then that I have been without goldfish which means that I have over 35 years of experience but during that time I also raised a family. Our children are grown and in college so now and I have more time to spend on my goldfish. I just upgraded to a 38 gallon tank with a Penguin 200 filter. I have 2 large comets, one ryukin, 2 fan tail, 1 shubunkin and 1 oranda. Do you think that the filter is an adequate size since goldfish are so messy?

welcome to the forum!! :) sorry to say, but 38 gallons is much too small for that many goldfish. a general rule is 30 gallons for one and ten extra gallons for each goldfish. i would search craigslist for a cheap 75+ gallon tank

Hello, and welcome!!

IMO, You can never have too much filtration or change the water too often. *especially* with pond fish and fancy goldfish.

Back
Top Bottom