Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Good Evening, Everyone!

Glad to join a forum of fellow aquarists. I started with a 90 gal. saltwater tank and upgraded to 125 gals. earlier this year. I have a 2 1/2 y.o. Stars & Stripes Puffer (who is my baby), a Foxface Lo, Bird Wrasse, Yellow-Eyed Tang, and a Clown fish. The Puffer and Foxface are inseparable.

Since upgrading, I have been battling high nitrates and bubbles in the tank despite constant water changes; this is how I came to find this website. Yesterday I put in a tsp of Vodka and today the nitrates are down -- coincidence? I think not.

If anyone has any suggestions about the bubbles, I'll take it. It's almost like they're little specs of sand (the bubbles)...

Well, another Saturday...time to get off the computer. Have a great weekend.

carolaj74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:20 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey welcome friend.

If you have a puffer in there, then you would be doing at least 50% water change per week. Since you are doing that and still getting high nitrates, then it means the tank is not big enough. But I'm just wondering why you didn't have the same problem with the 90g.

Anyways, 125 is still small for all of your fish. Keeping all of them in the tank may stunt its growth (which shortens a fishes life).

I have no idea about your bubble problem.

Good luck and keep learning expanding your knowledge about fish.

Kind Regards,
Terrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:27 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome to Aquarium Advice! Sorry, I can't help with your problem.
[CENTER]Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
Latest aquarium vlog:
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com