Gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bevvy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
An anyone answer this for me , I have had various types of Gouramis and after a while there bellies seem to bloat and they die , is this. Common problem ??

Bevvy said:
An anyone answer this for me , I have had various types of Gouramis and after a while there bellies seem to bloat and they die , is this. Common problem ??

Uh I don't think that's common.... What types of gouramis? What is their diet like? Back when I had a lot of bettas and I didn't know enough about their diet to know NOR to feed them bloodworms as a staple, many of mine had bloated stomachs. Maybe feed them de-shelled peas to help them poo.

:welcome: to AA! :)

What type of gouramis?

How big was the tank? What were you feeding them? What was your water quality (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates)?

I really dislike freeze dried bloodworms- i think they do more bad than good for my needs, so I threw out all I had. I dont need more to worry about! ;)

i have 7 dwarf gourami's which i've had for over a year and bloated bellysis not normal. he is a profile on gourami's to read.
Tropical Fish for Freshwater Aquariums: Dwarf Gourami Labyrinth Fish

you'll note that they like meaty food as well as algae. i feed mine live BLACK worms. they love them and i think it keeps them in top form. if you can't find the worms at a local fish store you can order them on the internet. good luck. :)

Back
Top Bottom