gouramis playing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blackwoodorama

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just added 2 female gold gouramis into my 38 gal tank that has 5 harlequin rasbora tetras, 1 common cat & 1 sailfin pleco. The gouramis Chase after each other bump each other in the side, then they kiss. Are they playing it looks like tag and they're not hurting each other. Anyone seen this behavior before?

My kissing gourami do that as a way for males to determine who is the boss. sometimes it looks kinda rough but they will soon figure out who to avoid. I have 3 kissing gourami- unable to sex them. yes they do chase and nip each other too. Hopefully they sette in soon. Mine took a day or two, now they only time they chase if at feeding time.

Thanks Clynnking for your response. I was just really surprised to see gold gouramis kissing. They look like twin sisters so I don't know if one will dominate or not. My male I took out because he was going to hurt them. I just took out my other male that he trained to no eat and he died. Don't want to lose anymore fish to Lucifer (devil fish)!

Back
Top Bottom