grasscoral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishpoodle

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have an established 100 gal reef that has been up for six years lots of soft corals a few hard and a few tangs inverts too. friday I was in my favoriate shop and saw a huge rock at least 12 by 14 ccovered with this gorgeous star polp like green grass. I know them well so bought it at a great price. got it home placed it medium to high under halides. it readily opened and looked fabulous. same sat. this morning to my dismay it didn't open. I watched it all day, noticed a faint green algea I am sure spreading over mat now I'm really worried. thought it may be too close to lights so just rearranged tank and dropped it down. Any advice, I hope you can help!! Thanks, fishpoodle

Thanks for responding!! My water is pristine. 0 nits and amonia. calcium 480 ph 8.2 temp 78 . All my other inhabitants fantastic. encluding my 12 inch maxima clam , everything has been in for six years . The puzzle is the polp rock was fully open for the two days then suddenly did not open after the third day in my tank. My real concern is the faint green slowly covering the mat, could be from my intense lighting over the closed polps? How long will the polps generally stay closed in a normal state? AS I posted I did drop it way down, but can the creeoing algea harm the coral? Any advice appreciated! Thanks again. fishpoodle

Back
Top Bottom